The Brock Circle Guiding Principles
Of the Brock Circle's collected funds, 60% is held in an investment account.
The 40% of The Brock Circle's previous year's donations can be depleted annually and used at the discretion of the Board of Directors for the enhancement of the annual conference experience and other strategic needs.
The decision on how the funds are spent must be approved by a super majority (8 Board members out of 10) vote of the Board and following the guiding principles:
1. Chapter Enhancement
a. Strategic planning
b. Leadership tools
c. Interactive meetings to all members
d. Products and events that involved all chapters
2. Annual Conference: Funds can only be spent on LDEI Annual Conference Enrichment which can include:
- Keynote or session speaker at annual conference
- Activity outside the normal structure designed to engage attendees and add overall value to the conference experience
3. Criteria: Spending must meet some of the following criteria:
- Will this attract more attendees to conference?
- Will this garner media attention/recognition for LDEI?
- Will this improve the LDEI Brand?
- Will this add value to the majority of attendees?
- Will this attract and/or retain Partners/Sponsors?
- Will this contribute toward other LDEI strategic needs?
4. Spending is not to be used for:
- President's dinner at the annual conference
- Closed or small group sessions
- Anything outside of the guidelines of LDEI spending for speakers, i.e. not additional travel, dining, upgrades or other "perks"
- Any individual members of the board or members at large
- Committee work