LDEI Green Tables
To connect innovative, sustainable agriculture, including urban and rural farms/gardens with restaurant, school and kitchen tables across LDEI chapter communities
LDEI launched Green Tables in the fall of 2006. It was the first programmatic initiative across all its chapters.
- Promote community health and well-being
- Foster LDEI’s leadership in the sustainable food movement
- Build upon existing community food, gardening and agriculture efforts
- Inspire focus on the value of local farmers and enhance the use of locally grown food
- Share our skills and knowledge to further the local food movement and enhance public health
To achieve these goals, the key strategy was to educate our members about the values and importance of sustainability in the food system. After 10 years, this objective has largely been achieved as awareness about the importance of sustainably produced food (such as organic, locally-produced, etc.) has become widespread and common knowledge.
Green Tables Handbook
Click here for the Green Tables Handbook for chapter use.